Friday 13 December 2013

Valentino Rossi runner-up in Monza Rally Show

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK





MotoGP star Valentino Rossi got his latest dose of rallying action with a runner-up result in this weekend's Monza Rally Show.

After nine asphalt stages within the confines of the famous Italian circuit, Rossi was classified 10.6s behind Citroen's WRC star Dani Sordo. 

Four-wheel endurance star Rinaldo Capello completed the podium.

Rossi, winner of last year's event, was again at the wheel of a WRC-spec Ford Fiesta with Carlo Cassina as his co-driver.

The seven time MotoGP champion was also second to Sordo in the Master Show knock-out tournament.

"For me this is one of the highlights of the year – I get to race against my friends and there is very little pressure to perform," said Rossi.

"It is a shame that I didn't get the overall wins today but I'm proud of four stage wins which is incredible for me. And I get to see all of the fans from rally and MotoGP which is great. 

"I'm coming back next year!"

Rossi finished fourth in the MotoGP championship during his Yamaha comeback season, including a first race win since 2010. The nine time world champion will continue alongside Jorge Lorenzo in 2014.


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment